Monday 2 December 2013

Red corsets

A Victorian corset has long been planned but since I am taking the hard path it isn't always prioritized. However, after picking up and finishing Sarah Chrismans book "Victorian Secrets: What a Corset Taught Me about the Past, the Present, and Myself" inspiration was renewed.

I have long since decided that my intended corset would be burgundy, simply because I love that colour. The coutil is dyed but I had some concerns about whether the colour would be historically accurate or not. An internet search alleviated my fears though. For the time period I am aiming for, colourful corsets were not unheard of.










So, no longer any doubts about the propriety of a red corset. Additionally I now have a lot of inspiration for embellishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment